This website is currently being updated
We are a service organisation and members have fun and fellowship by giving their time and expertise for the benefit of those who are in need. We are members of Lions Clubs International and operate within the Greater York area.
Our motto “We serve” is exemplified by our activities:
- Message in a Bottle is an emergency information system for those with medical conditions, vulnerable or people who live alone.
- Our most notable fundraising activity is our Christmas float called Rocking Rudolf. This brings a very special festive spirit for the young and elderly at Christmas.
- Spectacle and Hearing Aid recycling which are refurbished and distributed to the third world.
- Members organise a wide range of social activities from BBQ’s, dinners, theatre visits to a more formal charter anniversary dinner.
- We support a range of organisations with help and financial assistance.
- Although we no longer sponsor a Leo Club you can see the things that the youth clubs of our organisation contribute to their community. If your school or college would be interested in forming a Leo Club then please get in touch.
We are actively seeking community minded people who are able to share their time and skills to help with our projects and to develop new activities. If you are able to help or need assistance then please forward your details to firstname.lastname@example.org